Unified Device Management
Bring together the Windows, Mac, and Linux devices at your organization within one cloud console for centralized operating system management.
Automated Onboarding and Offboarding
Integrate BambooHR and Jumpcloud to instantly grant new users access to the resources their role/department requires. When a user leaves your organization, simply suspend their account and their resource access goes with it – Keeping confidential data and processes secure
Cloud Directory to Connect All IT Resources
A unified point of user management and authentication — with no need for on-prem servers or infrastructure. Securely connect users to their workstations, servers, networks, apps, and files. JumpCloud can serve as your authoritative directory or defer to existing identity providers depending on your needs.
Zero Trust for Remote Work
From a single, web-based console, lock down user identities, resource access, and devices — no matter where they’re located. You don’t need to implement on-premises infrastructure or additional tooling to scope users’ access and ensure they work on trusted devices and networks.
JumpCloud gives organizations the power to layer MFA on top of nearly any resource they need to secure: Windows, Mac, Linux, applications, networks, infrastructure, and more. Paired with Conditional Access policies, admins can help further secure resources by requiring MFA if users are not on trusted devices or trusted networks.
How it works.
BambooHR’s SCIM integration with JumpCloud allows IT admins to create and provision users based on when they are added and removed from BambooHR, to accelerate onboarding and offboarding.
The documentation below details our SCIM provisioning integration. In addition, customers may configure Single Sign-On with JumpCloud using the SAML 2.0 protocol.
Important things to note:
- Work Email is the Key Field: The Work Email field in BambooHR is the key field in this provisioning integration. An employee record will not sync to JumpCloud until a unique value exists in this field, even if the rest of the employee record is complete. This field is also what populates the Username field in JumpCloud, unless a Username is already set for the user in JumpCloud.
- Active & Inactive Employees Sync: Please note that the integration will push ALL employee records in BambooHR (Active and Inactive) to JumpCloud.
- Existing JumpCloud Users: Existing users in JumpCloud will be overwritten with the syncing data from BambooHR as long as the Work Email value in BambooHR matches the Company Email value in JumpCloud. Usernames of JumpCloud users will not be overwritten by the integration when there is an email match.
- Hire Date is Not Included: The Hire Date field in BambooHR is not included as part of the sync. If you have an employee record with a future hire date but you enter a Work Email for that employee, the record will sync over to JumpCloud and may provision access to other systems for that user pre-maturely. Please note that the Work Email field should be used as the key field to trigger the sync of an employee record.
- Location Address: Please note that changes to the Location Address fields, because they are not part of the employee record, will not trigger a sync to update specific employee records in JumpCloud. However, any automated or manual syncs after a Location Address is changed will include the new Location Address information.
What data syncs?
|BambooHR Field||Sync Direction||Update Triggers Sync?||Jumpcloud Field||Field Logic or Notes|
|First Name||Yes||First Name|
|Last Name||Yes||Last Name|
|Status||Yes||Status||An Inactive status in BambooHR will suspend access for that user in JumpCloud.|
|Work Email||Yes||Company Email||Employee records will NOT sync to JumpCloud until a Work Email exists in BambooHR. This field will be used to identify matching users in JumpCloud with employees in BambooHR.|
|Work Email (everything before the @ symbol)||Yes||Username||Defaults to first part of email address (everything before the @ symbol). If a user already exists in JumpCloud with a matching email, the Username for that user will not be overwritten by BambooHR.|
|Preferred Name OR First Name & Last Name||No = Preferred Name, Yes = First Name, Yes = Last Name||Display Name||Populated by Preferred Name and Last Name fields in BambooHR. If no Preferred Name value exists then First Name will be used.|
|BambooHR Field||Sync Direction||Update Triggers Sync?||JumpCloud Field||Field Logic or Notes|
|Middle Name||Yes||Middle Name|
|Employee #||Yes||Employee ID|
|Job Title||Yes||Job Title|
|Location Country||No||Work Country||Location field must be selected in BambooHR App Settings in order to sync.|
|Location Address Street 1 & Location Address Street 2||No||Work Street Address||Location field must be selected in BambooHR App Settings in order to sync.|
|Location City||No||Work City||Location field must be selected in BambooHR App Settings in order to sync.|
|Location State||No||Work State||Location field must be selected in BambooHR App Settings in order to sync.|
|Location ZIP/Postal Code||No||Work Postal Code||Location field must be selected in BambooHR App Settings in order to sync.|
|Work Phone & Ext||Yes = Work Phone, No = Ext||Work Phone|
|Home Phone||Yes||Home Phone|
|Mobile Phone||Yes||Personal Cell|
|Address Street 1 & Address Street 2||Yes||Home Street Address|
|Address City||Yes||Home City|
|Address State/Province||Yes||Home State|
|Address ZIP/Postal Code||Yes||Home Postal Code|
|Address Country||Yes||Home Country|